Sunday, January 7, 2018

Healthy Avocado Smoothie

My sister introduced me to Asian avocado smoothies at a bubble tea place and I love them! Unfortunately, the bubble tea version is made with condensed milk and other unhealthy sugars, so I experimented a bit to create a modified, healthier version to make at home. I'm really happy with the result, and (bonus) they're super easy to make, too!

Just 3 ingredients:
- 1 whole banana
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 cups unsweetened coconut milk


Instructions:
Peel and chop 1 banana into 1" chunks and freeze overnight in ziploc bag. The next day, blend with 1 avocado and unsweetened coconut milk (8-16 oz depending on how thick you want and on the brand of coconut milk -- I try putting in less, then adding liquid as needed). Enjoy!





The banana gives just a hint of sweetness. Having it frozen adds creaminess and a bit or crunch/chill without having to add ice, so no worry about drinking it fast so it doesn't melt and dilute the drink. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment